I've seen the new shoe style with the tips "dipped" in gold/silver or a whole new color all together. I have only one pair of saddle shoes (got them for a steal a few years back) and they are rather scuffed up in the front and back. At the moment I don't have a ton of money to spend on a new pair of cute shoes so what is a girl to do? Paint them! It was super easy and I put together an easy d.i.y so you can fix up your old pair of shoes too.
- Masking Tape
- Paint Brush (a cheap one with can be thrown away afterwards
- Liquid Gold Leaf or Metallic Acrylic Paint
- High Grit Sandpaper
- Take high grit sandpaper and soften the edges of the scuff, this also helps to get rid of any peeling pieces of the fake leather.
- Take the masking tape and take out your design, make sure to lay it cleanly so there is no bumps on the edges where paint and seep through.
- Tape the edges of the shoe's sole to keep the paint from getting on the bottom of your shoes.
- Take Metallic Gold Leaf/Acrylic Paint and brush it on the desired area, it may take a couple coats to get the shine you want.
*I had leftover liquid gold leaf from years ago and it gives it a really shiny metallic look. However, it has a strong odor and must be used in a well ventilated area and try not to get it on your skin.
- While the paint is still a little wet, carefully peel off the tape making sure not to bump the paint.
- Let dry for at least a few hours to a whole day before wearing.
- Enjoy you're revamped shoes!!